School year schedule: Preschool classes will begin approximately a week after the District start date for students, and end approximately one week prior to the last day of school for students, as approved by the Academy School District Twenty Board of Education.
The preschool will follow the District's calendar for elementary schools. Beginning and ending dates will be determined on a yearly basis.
All preschools meet Monday through Thursday except for Headstart located at Briargate, which meets Tuesday through Friday.
Holidays - Preschool classrooms will follow district holiday closures.
School Location Schedule: Each preschool location hours are based on their school's schedule. Please click the link here to see your school's hours of operation.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- All typical peers must be independent with toileting skills.
- Children must be 3 years of age on or before October 1st of the current school year to be eligible to enroll but must turn 3 years before starting preschool per licensing requirements.
- Children who have turned 5 years of age by October 1st of the current school year are eligible for Kindergarten and cannot attend preschool.
- Children who are currently enrolled in preschool will have the first option to return to preschool the next school year if they are still eligible.
- Children who are currently in special education and are not eligible for special education services during the next school year will have the option to enroll as a typical peer prior to open registration.
- During registration, students are selected on a first come, first served basis.
- During registration, application forms are available in all elementary school offices,at the District 20 preschool office, at the Education and Administration Office at 1110 Chapel Hills Drive, or it can be downloaded from the District's Preschool website. All buildings receive application forms on the same day.
- Forms must be mailed to 1110 Chapel Hills Drive, Colorado Springs, CO 80920 along with a $55 non-refundable application fee.
- Registrations must be postmarked to be considered.
- Do not complete online registration until you have been notified by letter of your child's preschool placement.
- If more children register than there were slots available, a lottery system will allow the District to choose students from the forms postmarked for that day.
- Children will be selected until all slots have been filled.
- Children not receiving placement will be placed on a "wait list" and parents will be notified as openings occur.
Tuition is $260.00 per month for four half days per week, 3 hours per session (Monday through Thursday).
Payments are due on the 1st day of each month.
Fees are contingent upon Board of Education approval as part of the district wide fee schedule and could change.